Friday, September 3, 2010

Daily Activities

5:00PM ::
I actually did this yesterday. I added a feature to my conky bar, it shows how many updates are available for my system. I put a script in cron.hourly which just runs `pacman -Sy` to update the local database. Then conky calls a script every 60 minutes that runs `pacman -Qu -b /var/lib/pacman` (/var/lib/pacman contains to local pacman databases), then returns the number of packages available.

I thought I read something about being able to put all of your small scripts into one fo the zsh files rather than creating a bunch of files. So, I'm looking into doing this as well.

I've also thought about implementing failsafes for my battery charge and cpu temperature. If they get too low and/or too high respectively, I'll have the computer shut itself down.

I also had another thought to do something last night, but completely forgot what it was. Hopefully I'll remember sometime soon. Until then, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment