Tuesday, September 7, 2010

[update]sysmon-0.0.2-3

I had to make a couple changes. I accidentally had the battery charge check against the full value, so any time I unplugged my laptop, it would shutdown. Also, while it appeared to work correctly, I forgot that the value of temp1_input was in thousands. Thus, a temperature of 53C would be 53000. So, I removed the zeros.

#!/bin/zsh

# define battery variables
charge_now='/sys/class/power_supply/BAT1/charge_now'
charge_full='/sys/class/power_supply/BAT1/charge_full'
charge_factor=20 # 5% battery power

# define temperature variables
max_temp=80
for i in {0..1}; do
temp_path="/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon$i/device/temp1_input"
[[ -f $temp_path ]] && break
done

# get full charge value
full="`cat $charge_full`"

# just keep going
while [[ "1" = "1" ]]; do
# get current charge
charge="`cat $charge_now`"

# calculate the minimum charge based on the charge_factor
charge_min=$(($full/$charge_factor))

# system doesn't use hwmon1 or hwmon0 exclusively, so there's a need to differentiate
temp="`cat $temp_path`"
temp=$temp[1,2]

[[ $temp > $max_temp ]] || [[ $charge < $charge_min ]] && `shutdown -h now` sleep 10 done

No comments:

Post a Comment