Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Updates gone awry

Today I ran a pacman -Syu, there was an update to kernel26-2.6.34.2-1 as well as the corresponding kernel headers. Upon reboot, connection to dhcpcd failed. I don't remember the exact error and it wasn't recorded. I reverted back to kernel26-2.6.34.1-1 and the corresponding headers and all was well again.

I didn't try a wired connection before reverting, I probably should have. I use wireless and that's what wouldn't connect. Here are the specs on my wireless card:
BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g] 802.11g Wireless LAN Controller
Vendor: Broadcom Corporation

I had to install my wireless drivers from the AUR, I'm guessing they're incompatable with the newest kernel release, so I'll wait until there's a new release to the AUR.

No comments:

Post a Comment